Thursday, June 4, 2009

An Oddity Named Destino. And an Odd Liza Minnelli.

Sometimes I see movies that bring a tear to my eye. But sometimes not. Cinema is not what it used to be, but now it's even better with artistic films like the Hannah Montana movie. Miley (or rather Hannah) has a 67 year old boyfriend and she is starting to resemble a young Liza Minnelli. I have photographic evidence:












A 15 year-old Miley








A young Liza Minnelli

It's pictures like this that really make me want to give her a knuckle sand*which. 
Since we're on the subject of Disney cracktors and visionaries here, let's talk about ol' Wally Disney's company. Who in their right mind would release a "classic" like "the Country Bears," but not release a short that the artist, Salvador Dali, made for Walt himself?
It's no lie. I was at the LACMA a bit ago at the Salvador Dali exhibit and came across an oddity. An oddity named Destino. Dali made the short "Destino" for Disney, but it was never released because Disney didn't "have the money." I get being fiscal, but that's just ridic.  Only now has Disney released it, but still, the popularity and attention is not all there.
He was probably too busy building himself a theme park. But the fact of the matter is: I am bringing the short to light!
DESTINO!




No comments:

Post a Comment